SCENIC KENAI RIVER TOUR
No Alaskan vacation would be complete without a scenic river tour with The Last Frontiersman. With camera in hand head out onto the pristine Glacier Blue Waters of the Kenai River and enjoy the possibility of seeing many species of wildlife which make the river and surrounding countryside there home. Bald Eagles nesting along the river, Both Black and Brown Bear feeding on salmon along with Moose, Otter, Wolves, Lynx, Coyote, Mink, Porcupine, and many species of birds. You experience a true Alaskan Adventure with The Last Frontiersman.
- Diverse wildlife. Chance to see moose, bear, beavers, muskrats, and many bird species.
- Miles of river to explore. You will see several miles of the river and note its changing scenery. The captain will describe the route the morning of the tour and accommodate for Alaska’s unpredictable weather.
- Visit Skilak Lake. This 15 mile long lake is home to exquisite vistas and diverse wildlife. We will visit this lake weather depending.
- 3 hr tour. Wildlife Viewing: Pick them up at the boat launch. The earlier you are on the water the better chance of seeing wildlife. Moose, bear, freshwater beavers, muskrats, water otters, Ship on the banks of Skilak Lake
- $99/person + tax. This price includes the full 3 hour tour and guiding services.
- Sunday and Monday tours only. We conduct sightseeing tours on Sunday and Monday to accommodate our fishing guests the rest of the week. But if guides are free we may book river tours any day of the week upon request.
Flexible Times: We will depart from Bing’s Landing boat launch in Sterling Alaska. Be at boat launch 15 minutes early for boarding and special accommodations. The earlier you are on the water the better chance of seeing wildlife. During your three hour tour, you might see moose, bear, freshwater beavers, muskrats, water otters. We will travel up to Skilak lake for the mountain views and the opportunity to see Alaska’s most unique wildlife. Skilak Lake is breathtaking, Many places looking much like Prince William Sound with shear cliffs, rocky shorelines, gravel beaches this 15 mile long lake is not to be missed.
Return to the boat launch.